VISION STATEMENT: ‘Knowing God, Showing God, Sharing God’
We want to see this statement realised in fresh ways.
In this time of Coronavirus and the immediate aftermath, Frenchay Parish Church commits to:
- PRAY: for each other, for our parish, for God’s kingdom and for those in need.
- CARE: for one another practically, socially and spiritually and extending that care to all those in our parish, especially who are struggling for whatever reason.
- RESPOND: to the changing landscape and needs of our community, responding appropriately in love, service and provision of prayer and worship opportunities.
As we look to the future, Frenchay Parish Church discerns a calling to:
- DISCIPLESHIP: Grow as followers of Jesus who use regular patterns of prayer and worship. We want to live lives of everyday faith and naturally share our faith with others.
- COMMUNITY: Be an active church at the heart of this community, developing unity with other believers.
- CARE: Strengthen the bonds of fellowship between us and extend this kindness, support and hospitality to others. Care for creation.
- OUTREACH: Make the Good News of Jesus Christ known through our words and deeds and pass on the baton of faith to the younger generations.
In 2021 we want to take action in the following ways :
- DISCIPLESHIP: Run courses, for groups that can meet physically and online.
- COMMUNITY: Use the Church / School Partnership Award tool to further deepen and develop our links with Frenchay Primary School. Use our Halls and Community News to support the Community and bring the Christian message to all. Build on our October 2020 Community Consultation to interact with Frenchay community groups (including eco-related groups)and with Councillors.
- CARE: Continue, expand and coordinate the ‘care lines’ or contact groups. Achieve Silver level EcoChurch award, expressing a commitment to care for creation.
- OUTREACH: Focus on reaching young families and older generations through Tiny Time and Messy Church. We will pursue audio-visual capability, ensuring that children and young families are nurtured and developed. Continue to reach the elderly in Care Homes, through Holy Communion Services and visits.